The sun is shining, the sky is blue, and judging by the frozen puddles on this mornings run, winter has arrived. A different style post this morning. Thanks to the wonderful little poppits who has just nominated me for not one but two awards – the Sunshine award and the Beautiful Blogger award. After only a few weeks blogging, I’m amazed, and slightly stunned! I’ve just been enjoying myself, writing and reading other people’s blogs. I’m not entirely sure what I now do! Looking at the little poppits site (if you haven’t visited yet, go and have a look! Chickens, crochet, children, chuckles) it appears for the Sunshine Award I have to a) share 10 things about me and b) nominate 10 of my favourite blogs for the awards. For the Beautiful Blogger award, I’ve got to share 7 things about me and nominate 7 of my favourite blogs… so where do I start?
Ten things about me (won’t be very interesting!):
1. I’m currently having a year off to refocus on God. My faith is central to who I am
2. I love living by the sea, but really miss the mountains of Wales, and the language of my homeland
3. I really enjoy being creative – sewing, embroidery, crochet, knitting, art….you name it, I’ll have a go. Just don’t ask about the results. I do however have an Etsy shop.
4. I can’t stop myself writing.
5. I’m learning to play the violin (earplugs still required). Music is one of the things that makes me tick
6. I’m a very bad runner, but I try hard! I look rather like an uncoordinated giraffe when running.
7. My family and friends are very close to my heart – I’ll even do strange things like dig up worms for them (just don’t ask)
8. I’m a trained storyteller. I love bringing stories to life when I tell them to an audience. I especially like storytelling to adults
9. I think rainbows, sea slugs, kingfishers and daisies are some of the most wonderful things in the world (I could keep going with this list, but I’ll stop at four things!)
10. I’m a little over-organised at times (my friends and family might say ‘a little’ is a slight understatement). Lists are my friends!
1. http://sethsnap.com/ photos and commentaries on life